Monday 29 August 2011

It's Making Monday time again

Hello again... it's been another week of very little making. I've added about an inch of ribbing to one sock, started the toe of another because I was impatient to try the yarn, and perhaps most importantly, I've been trying to make an effort to rest enough, as I'm on a fairly rapid medication change, and I stand most chance of maintaining an outward appearance of a normal human being if I can channel the amount of energy I normally seem to need to cope with fatigue into maintaining composure instead. Spending about 3 hours during the day on proper rest is actually rather hard - I'm something of a fidget-brain, wanting to explore or do things as much as possible. Sleep, music, audiobooks and feeding the ducks seem to count, but knitting, sewing, reading, the computer, TV, walking, chatting to friends, cooking and spinning are not rest. (grrrrrrrrr!)

So, whilst not resting, I've made something tangible: cheese scones, from a Delia recipie, with smoked paprika in place of cayenne pepper, and whatever cheese was in the fridge. Yum!

M would like to point out that he has contributed to Making Monday by making crumbs from one of the scones ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment